Precious Truthz Podcast

https://anchor.fm/precioustruthz/episodes/The-Importance-of-Amplifying-Black-Voices-epfefl

Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Than Friends


From the beginning I knew that you would breathe life back into me. I knew that you would somehow show me that happiness is within arm’s reach and you would teach me friends could become more. As a friend you are everything I could ask for. You listen to me when I just need to be heard, when you ask me “what’s wrong” I know you’re actually concerned. You’ve provided for me and asked for nothing in return. I have learned that there are actually men who aren’t only interested in receiving. It’s actually relieving to know that good men do exist and it’s flattering that you insist I give you updates if I’m the slightest bit of sick. You give me strength when I’m not alright and I feel like I’m in a ditch. You always hold it down when I throw my little fits. I feel like the light in your eyes could lead me through my darkest days and the depth of your voice could save me from myself. I was enslaved by insecurities. I always thought it was something wrong with me but you came and showed me that I’m pretty and I’m smart. That I’ve stolen a piece of your heart and that I’ll always be a part of you and that’s something. From the beginning you haven’t fronted. You knew I was what you wanted and you pulled me in. Never stressed a dividend, you’re willing to share your all with me. It’s a blessing to be able to call you my friend and I hope this blossoms into much more in the end.

Precious Truthz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts