
This Picture is refreshing to the heart. Its a picture of a loving father and his baby daughter. It's great to know that there are still fathers in this world that fully take responsibility of their children. My son's father is in jail, and losing out on the daily pleasures of being a parent. He is missing the essence of being able to see your child grow inch by inch, smarter, and in to their own person. During their growth there are characteristics that they are gaining and losing. Those little surprises you get when your child does something new, can make you smile with pride and he is missing those unforgettable moments. He is missing things that he will never happen again. You can't turn back the hands of time. That's why it is pertinent to have ,not only a great relationship before you have a child, but great knowledge of the person prior to having children with them. Although, in certain experiences there have been parents who were fantastic, while they were still involved with the other parent. However, soon as the relationship ended, they became an absent parent. Additionally, there are many other reasons why a parent is voluntarily absent, such as my experience.
I was a young mother when I had my son. I knew the responsibilities that were bestowed upon me once I saw the results of my pregnancy test. I decided that I would take on those responsibilities and keep my baby, although I was only 16. I didn't imagine that I could be in this predicament. I didn't think one day my son's father would be sentenced to 5 years in prison, and I would be raising my son alone. However, these circumstances didn't prevent me from pursing my goals.
I'm in college, I work, I have my own apartment, and my son is doing wonderful in school. I understood that it was pertinent to my son's future to strive for success. I have to lead by example and set up a great foundation for my son. I want to give him a better life then I had. I never want him to go through the endeavors i went through as a child. I was fortunate to be blessed with the brain and mentality that I have. Most people who go through the childhood that I went through are not standing where I am in life. So I am very grateful of the man upstairs. I know that there is a higher being that has helped me endure all the things that I have, and gives me strength to continue my journey.
I know that parenthood can be challenging, however I encourage all parents to be involved in their children's lives. Children need their parents, both of them. Cherish your children and never do anything that may jeopardize missing a moment of their precious lives.
P.S. Isn't my niece gorgeous???

No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your Thoughts